Windows based editors:
WDC (Wolf3D Data Compiler)
What is WDC?
WDC stands for Wolf3D Data Compiler and is a full-featured editor for Wolfenstein 3-D and Spear of Destiny.
WDC also works with Blake Stone 1 and 2, Operation BodyCount, Corridor 7, Catacomb 3D, the Catacomb trilogy, and Commander Keen 4-6. However, some of these additional games have only partial functionality.
FloEdit gives you the following functionality:
- Edit, ADD and REMOVE maps from the game
- Edit and ADD images (like title screen, BJ-Face on the statusbar, statusbar font, ...)
- Edit and ADD walls and sprites (no engine recompilation required to add walls,
and NO SIZE LIMIT like in old DOS-tools for sprites)
- Edit and ADD digitized sound without size limits (max. 64K per sound, but that's a limit of
- Edit mapdata definition table while editing (all from within the editor, unimited projects
- Test your game while still editing it!
- Print maps
- Save maps as BMP-files
- Import MAPEDIT *.FLR-files
- Export as many levels as you like to a single *.LVL-file
- Unlimited undo/redo for map editing
- Multi-clipboard support: Copy as many object as you like to the clipboard
and browse them visually!
- Detailed help file explaining how to add the new objects to the engine
- "Creating good maps" tutorial
Flo's Wolfnode page:
Wolfnode - If the site is down, go here:
Wolf3D Map Editor
Wolf3D Map Editor homepage: ICanSoft
(Look under "Other Software")
DOS based editors:
Wolfedit - by Bill Kirby
(A good paint program comes in handy too)
Map Editors (Edit floor layouts)
Mapedit - Original version by Bill Kirby
Mapedit Version 7 - Works with shareware & registered versions.
My own Floor & Object definition files for Mapedit Ver.7
Mapedit Version 7.2
Edit Spear of Destiny Demo floors
Mapedit Version 8.4(Works on the registered version only.)
Wlfaud - by Bill Neisius (shareware episode only)
Runs from the dos command prompt
Wolfsnd (registered version only) by Doctor Data
Wolf3D source code
Wolfenstein source code compiler:
Borland C++ v3.1
Try one of these links to get it:
VGA files (version needed for compiled exe to work properly):
Source Code compiling instructions:
* Zip file also contains a DOS batch file to properly start the compiler in Windows
LZEXE v0.91 - MSDOS executable compression utility (for .EXE or .COM files).
This program was used by id to compress Wolf3d.exe:
Back to Colonel Bill's Main Page